Rock Painting Trip with Archaeologist
Rock art is human-made markings placed on natural stone which could be dated around 30,000 to 10,000 years old. There are several rock art sites near Chennai, which are our treasures. Exploring Rock art sites may take us to the deeper origin of locals in this landscape. Join this trip to explore artistic evolution of human..
Trip highlights are:
- Walk along with Archaeologist to learn more on Rock art
- Trekking and hiking up the hill to see the Rock art, enjoying scenic views
- Visiting most famous rock art sites of Tamil Nadu in a day
- Experiencing the earliest art form of Human
- Understanding the real meaning of the painting
Price: Check with us.
To pay: www.keyterns.com/paynow
Please contact 9176088725 / 7550042234 / firstname.lastname@example.org to booking.
- Evening Travel from Chennai to Villupuram by A/C vehicle (160 km)
- Transfer to Hotel
- Break fast – Travel to Kilvalai – Alambadi – Settavarai
- Back to Chennai
The site is locally called as Ratthakudaikkal which means the images have depicted by thickened red ochre in the rock. The paintings have found in three different rocky areas. Among them, one is too difficult to visit, and another one is weak in condition. The third one contains the majority of the paintings, and they are explicit. The images of human and animal, geometric and non-geometric symbols have depicted in thickened red ochre. The human images have depicted in silhouetted that are drawn by the thick brush. A few pieces of Iron slag have also found within the rock shelter.
The site is locally known as Koozhankal paarai which means the pebble rock. In the site, a big sized isolated boulder is standing and the top portion of the boulder has placed over another one rock. It is almost looking like a shelter. In the boulder, the images of reptiles, domestic and wild animals have depicted in thickened red ochre.
The site is locally known as Ayyanarmalai. The paintings are found on the top of the hills. The images are painted with polychrome which means both red and white ochre used for the paintings but few paintings are depicted only in red ochre. The images of domestic and wild animals have depicted in the shelter. The domestic animal is a cow which is depicted with thickened red ochre whereas the wild animals are deer, wild boar and hyena which have depicted in red and white ochre. Among the images, handprints and the cows with X-ray motifs are noteworthy in this site.
- Transportation in a/c Vehicle
- Accommodation in a/c room is on twin sharing basis.
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Basic lunch like sandwich will be served at the site.
- Dinner for 1st day.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusion
- Dinner for 2nd day.
- Organiser reserves all rights to make any changes without prior notice.
- To make payment: https://keyterns.com/paynow/
- FAQs, Terms and Cancellation policy – https://keyterns.com/terms/. Further, trip specific terms are given as below.
- Minimum of 40% to be paid for booking.
- The escorted trip will be conducted once a minimum of 10 persons register for the trip, for less persons, a revised quote will be given.
About KeyTerns: KeyTerns is a thematic travel designer and an organizer of fixed schedule, personalized, corporate and educational travel in Nature – Offbeat, Heritage – Culture and Spiritual – Wellbeing.
Upcoming Fixed Schedule Trips: www.keyterns.com/events/list/
| www.keyterns.com | +917550042234 | email@example.com | fb: KeyTerns / NatureTerns / HeritageTerns | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/keyterns | Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/keyterns/ |
Inspired by: KeyTerns derives its name from super bird “Arctic Tern” that travels from the Arctic to Antarctica covering around 90,000 km per year. In its lifetime, it travels 24 Lacs KM, which is equivalent to 3 times traveling to the Moon and coming back.