Road Trip to Kolli Hills – 1N2D
This trip is for the Road Trippers from Chennai and covers Kolli Hills near Namakkal.
Kolli Hills or as it is called in Tamil Kollimalai is a small hill located in Namakkal district of Tamil Nadu. It is about ~350 km from Chennai (6 – 7 hrs ride) and around ~270 KM from Bengaluru (takes around 6 hours). It is believed that Siddhars lived in Kolli Hills. It’s a biker’s paradise with 72 hairpin bends, a small temple, waterfalls, trekking experience, lovely weather and good landscape. Ooty has only 36 hairpin bends. One can imagine how nice Kolli hills would be.
What do you get?
- Clear details with predictable cost
- Route map and pit stop experience details
- Advance booking of Stay
- Chance to experience Masila Waterfalls. 200 ft height waterfalls, Seeku Parai Sunset with spectacular views of the valley, Agaya Gangai Falls (meaning Ganges of the Sky) a 300 Feet waterfall, and Arappaleeswarar Shiva Temple, very ancient temple
- Rs. 1800 total upto 2 persons in Tent Stay with common bathroom. Rs. 2500 total upto 3 persons in a room type stay with attached washroom. (Stay photos)
- 750 for 1 breakfast, lunch and dinner (non veg included once) can be paid there. Barbecue can be made at extra cost for the ingredients
- Reach Kolli Hills
- After checking in, ride for about 45 mins to see Masila Waterfalls. 200 ft height waterfalls. Water in falls depends on season. But the ride and walk will be good.
- Next is Seeku Parai Viewpoint (Sunset Point)
- Nice sun setting in the far distance with spectacular views of the valley below.
- Wayback to stay place, stop at market and eat some hot snacks and a Filter Coffee.
- Evening would be a nice gathering, Barbeque, Campfire, dinner and tent stay overnight.
- Morning, small walk in the morning to enjoy weather, fog if possible
- After breakfast, drive to Agaya Gangai Falls. Ganges of the Sky. It is a 300 Feet waterfall which flows into River Aiyaru and is surrounded by mountains and thick forest. Take a walk down using steps to reach falls. Enjoy falls dip. Water is seasonal. To be precise 1200 odd steep steps. Generally, walk to water falls is tedious and may not be suitable for small kids and aged.
- Visit Arappaleeswarar Shiva Temple, very ancient temple, take a photograph
- Start riding down. Riding down will be a fabulous experience.
- Reach Chennai with fine drive memories.
- Plan and Route guidance
- Tent stay with complimentary campfire.
- Food – 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner (including non-veg once)
Cost Exclusions: Personal expenses including Bike, Bike Fuel, Toll, Parking Charges, etc. / Any entry Fee / Any food other than what is given in inclusions / Anything not in inclusions. Barbecue can be made at extra cost for the ingredients.
- Nov to Feb – Best season to go to Kolli hills with gushing water in waterfalls specifically between Nov to Jan. Weather to be watched till Dec 15th
- Sep to Oct – Next best season with moderate rain from South West Monsoon, place is lush green with reasonably good water in falls. One can till early Oct.
- Mar to Jun- It may be warm with lesser green and with no / less water in waterfalls.
- Jul to Aug – South West monsoon – to be avoided.
- Oct to Dec – North East monsoon may continue till Dec 15th from Oct 15th, To be planned after checking the forecast. To be avoided in case of heavy rain.
- Sightseeing spots are subject to availability.
- Sequence given is indicative. Itinerary is subject to change
- To make payment: https://keyterns.com/paynow/
- FAQs, Terms and Refund rules – https://keyterns.com/terms/. Further, trip specific terms are given as below.
- Package booking terms: 100% to be paid for booking.
- 100% money will be refunded if KeyTerns is not doing the trip or if the guest informs the curator before 72 hours of trip start time.
- To reach Agaya Gangai Falls , one needs to walk 1200 odd steep steps one side. It will test your fitness. Not recommended for elders and kids.
KeyTerns is a Comfort, Budget, Expert Curated, Corporates and Students travel designer and an organiser in Nature – Adventure, Heritage – Culture and Spiritual – Wellness themes.
| Follow us – https://keyterns.com/contact/ | +917550042234 | email@example.com |
Air Tickets and Hotel Booking – https://keyterns.com/agoda/
Our any date customisable Package trips: https://keyterns.com/packages
Our upcoming fixed date group Trips: https://keyterns.com/events/list
Inspired by: KeyTerns derives its name from the super bird “Arctic Tern” that travels from the Arctic to Antarctica covering around 90,000 km per year. In its lifetime, it travels 24 Lacs KM, which is equivalent to 3 times travelling to the Moon and coming back.
#Biker, #Biking, #RoadTrip, #Kolli, #KeyTerns, #Offbeat, #Trekking, #Camping, #Waterfalls