Road Trip to Canyon and Caves – 1N2D
Gandikota is an amazing place and is rightly called as “Grand Canyon of India” with River Pennar cutting the mountain and running through Gorge which is shining because of red granite. Gandikota is in Andhra and is 325 KM from Chennai and 265 KM from Bengaluru.
Belum limestone cavern runs for 3.5 KM with traveller access up to 1.5 KM. It’s a must see place for everyone. Belum is ~60 Km from Gandikota.
Highlights of trip:
- Belum – Buddha statue and Cave and walking inside the India’s 2nd largest 1.5 KM underground cave
- Gandikota – Gorge and riverview.
- Driving inside fort, Taking photos in front of photographic monuments, Hiking up to the top of boulders around Sunset time to see stunning photographic view of India’s Grand Canyon.
- Visiting campsite and viewing the river from Campsite.
- Optional trekking down to Pennar River, taking a dip with Life vest, Optional *Rappelling* with experienced skipper (will cost extra and subject to availability)
- Driving to the beautiful Mylavaram Reservoir, Museum, Driving around the scenic reservoir waterbody and reaching the other side of the Gorge to see different landscape
Photo album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/n3daHCB9orP34gMs5
- Early morning, start the trip.
- Breakfast enroute, travel to Belum Caves, mixed rice lunch at Belum Cafeteria, Visiting Buddha Statue and taking photos, Guided Cave walk inside the 1.5 KM underground cave.
- Drive to Gandikota (60 KMs), 15+ KM drive from Jammalamadugu to Gandikota will be joyful
- Gandikota Fort covering key monuments including Madhavaraya Temple, Jama Masjid, Granary, Ranganathaswamy Temple, Fort Entrance, and Jail.
- Climb up the boulders to see grand top level view of the Gorge (true Grand Canyon View). View Sunset from the top of boulders.
- Have dinner and stay overnight.
- Drive to Campsite and have a nice Sunrise view on the Gorge and River from Camp site, Take optional trek down to take a dip in a small pool with life vest and optional Rappelling after breakfast.
- Post freshen-up and breakfast at Stay place, check out and travel to Mylavaram Reservoir to see Reservoir view and Museum.
- Do a joy drive around the Reservoir to reach the other side Gorge for a different view.
- Drive back with fine drive memories.
Cost: Please check with us
Inclusions: Hotel Haritha AC Cottages, Trekking to River Pennar point and waterfalls (Seasonal)
Exclusions: Food and anything other than inclusions
- Nature sightseeing is subject to availability.
- Sequence given is indicative. Itinerary is subject to change
- To make payment: https://keyterns.com/paynow/
- FAQs, Terms and Refund rules – https://keyterns.com/terms/. Further, trip specific terms are given as below.
- Package booking terms: 100% to be paid for booking.
- 100% money will be refunded if KeyTerns is not doing the trip or if the guest informs the curator before 72 hours of trip start time.
- The trip will be conducted once a minimum of 15 persons registering for the trip.
About us: KeyTerns is an Adventure, Expert Curated and Leisure thematic travel designer and an organiser for individuals, corporates and students in Nature – Offbeat, Heritage – Culture and Spiritual – Wellness themes.
| Follow us – https://keyterns.com/contact/ | +917550042234 | email@example.com |
Our any date customisable Package trips: https://keyterns.com/packages
Our upcoming fixed date group Trips: https://keyterns.com/events/list
Inspired by: KeyTerns derives its name from the super bird “Arctic Tern” that travels from the Arctic to Antarctica covering around 90,000 km per year. In its lifetime, it travels 24 Lacs KM, which is equivalent to 3 times travelling to the Moon and coming back.
#India, #Travel, #KeyTerns, #Adventure, #Offbeat, #Nature, #Camping, #Trekking, #Rappelling, #Fort, #Waterfall