We cover places that are related to Nandhi near Bengaluru, thus making this as a ‘Nandhi’ Special Trip.
Lepakshi temple was built in 16th century. It’s an architectural marvel that needs to be seen, touched and experienced.
Bhoga Nandeeshwara Temple is the 9th century built temple at the base of Nandi Hills (or Nandidurga) in the Chikkaballapur district of Karnataka state, India. We will also be driving up the Nandi hills to see the beautiful Yogha Nandeeshwara Temple built by Cholas.
Trip highlights are:
- Archaeologist accompanied trip
- Historical, Architectural, Mythological & Archaeological views & stories.
- Unfolding Vijayanagara Empire history
- Articulation of Amazing Architecture with each pillar having a unique carving
- Listen to the history of Lepakshi and the connection with Jatayu
- Monolith bull, hanging pillar, exquisite sculptures & mural paintings
- Immerse yourself into the beauty of fresco paintings depicting Shiva Parvathi Kalyanam
- Covering Bhogha Nandeeshwara and Yogha Nandeeshwara temples in Nandi Hills
- And much more..
– Guests to reach Bengaluru by 06 AM in the morning. Archaeologist will travel along with Guests travelling from Chennai. Once reaching Bengaluru, we will help Guests getting freshen up at a Hotel
– Followed by a delicious breakfast, we will start the journey. Local Bengaluru guests can board at BTM Layout or at Hebbal.
– First, we will reach Lepakshi temple and explore. We will see huge granite Nandi (bull), carved out of a single block stone. Archaeologist explains Vijaya Nagara Architecture style and the story of their kingdom and contributions. Archaeologist walks through every sculpture. We will be mesmerized with elegantly painted Ramayana and Mahabharata scenes with the narration of stories by Archaeologist. We will see an interesting 3 legged teacher in the picture. There is a story behind it. You wonder the hanging pillar at Lepakshi. Is it really hanging?
– After Lepakshi visit, we will have a lunch. Post lunch, we will visit Bhoga Nandeeshwara and Yoga Nandeeshwara at Nandi hills. If there is a chance, we can get to see Sun Set also at the top of Nandi hills.
– Relax enroute with a Coffee / Tea / snacks, reach Bengaluru, do shopping if required, have dinner
Depart for Chennai
Rs. 3000 Per Adult above 13 years and Rs. 2500 Per Child between 6 and 12 for Bengaluru guests
Rs. 3800 Per Adult above 13 years and Rs. 3300 Per Child between 6 and 12 for other City guests
Payment link: https://www.keyterns.com/paynow
Local AC Van, Freshen up, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and two times Coffee / Tea with Cookies or Snacks, Entry Fees, Archaeologist.
– Transport upto Bengaluru is additional
– Anything not in inclusions.
– Any camera fees.
Note: Sequence given is indicative. Itinerary is subject to change. If mode of transport changes, cost will change. For foreign citizen, cost would be the same except for entry fees which will be actual. Minimum of 5 Persons would be required to organize trip.