Everyone looks for a cool place during the summer. Some of the popular cool hill stations are crowded. Here, we are listing some of the not so popular but cool places that one can consider. Please suggest if you know of any other place.
Marayoor in Kerala,
- Distance: 45 KM to Udumalaipettai, 120 to Coimbatore, 130 to Dindigul
- Experience: Sandalwood Forest, 4 km trek from Alampetty Checkpost to Thoovanam waterfall, Lakkam Waterfalls, Kanthaloor Waterfalls, Eravikulam National Park, Chinnar WildLife Sanctuary, Amaravathi Dam, Dolmens or Muniyaras are the prehistoric burial chambers situated at Kovikadavu village, Ezhuthala Cave – ancient rock art site,
Vattavada and Yellapatty
- Distance: 45 KM from Munnar
- Pambadum Shola Forest, Kandala Dam, Top Station View Point, Kottakudi View Point, Strawberry Farms, Vattavada Beauty View Point, Chilandhiyar Waterfall, Pazhathottam Viewpoint, Yellapatty Camping (Some photos).
Kotagiri – Avalanche
- Distance: 70 to 100 KM from Coimbatore and 30 to 60 KM from Mettupalayam
- Kotagiri Nature Walk, Catherine Falls, Kodanad View Point, Long wood shola, Mudumalai, Avalanche, Emerald, Todas Mandhu, Kallatty, Theppakadu, Pykara, Cairn Hill