Date(s) - 13/01/2019
6:00 am - 9:00 pm
Theme: Archaeology, History
Suitable for – Anyone,
No. of Days – 1 Day
Trail Type & Level – Walk & Easy
Trip Start time: 06 AM from Guindy Metro. Other guests coming from other cities, please contact us for a plan.
What do you get?
- Religious touch with mythology and history covering unheard stories
- Visiting 7th Century Built Ekambaranathar temple, Mamandur Cave temples complex, and Kailasanathar temple,
- Kanchi Heritage Museum – A huge statue of Shiva with Nandi, Animated dolls exhibition depicting Ramayana, Mahabharata, and Krishna Leela.
- Culture & culinary touch: watching silk weaving and tasting Kanchipuram Idli with mint chutney
- Mesmerising narration by an young Archaeologist
- And much more..
Before going into the plan, some questions for you:
- Do you know which temple was first stone architecture based temple built by Pallavas?
- India’s popular heritage temple was built based on the architecture of a temple in South India? Name the India’s popular heritage temple and the original temple in South India.
You may get such questions answered in the trip.
Ekambaranathar Temple : Our trip starts after breakfast with Ekambaranathar Temple. There is an interesting story of Parvathi doing Penance and Shiva blessing her.
Mamandur Cave Temples complex:: It is known for the 7th-century rock-cut cave temple, housing a Tamil Brahmi inscription, one of the monuments of national importance as declared by the Archaeological Survey of India. Pallavas pioneered rock cut temples. They piloted several in and around Kanchipuram. Mamandur Cave temples are testimony to their cave temple architecture and must see for heritage enthusiasts.
Kanchi Heritage Museum:
Post lunch, we will visit Kanchi Heritage Museum. Must see place.
The Cultural Exhibition is one of its kind and has the great epics Ramayana, Mahabharata, Krishna Leela and Sri Sankaracharya Charitram depicted in the form of animated dolls. This is created innovatively. Apart from animated dolls, there is a huge Shiva Statue with Nandi.
Thereafter, we will take you to Kailasanathar temple. It’s an architectural wonder and photographic. You will feel the peace when you are sitting on the lawn. The foundation made of granite withstands the load of the entire massive structure. Pillars of the mandapa have statues of lions standing on their hind legs, symbolizing people not to harm the temple. It’s an ultimate beauty. Magnificent temple has a good serial vision, that has to be experienced, rather being written.
So come down with us to enjoy this trip and know more about Kancheepuram – the temple town.
|Cost||Rs. 2300 Per Adult
Payment link: https://www.instamojo.com/@keyterns/
A. Bring More & Get More: You will get Rs.250 Per every additional person you bring in.
|Cost Inclusions||A. Travel in an AC Van
B. Morning Coffee / Tea, Kanchipuram Idli with Mint Chutney, Veg Breakfast, Veg South Indian Meal Lunch, Evening Snacks and Coffee / Tea
C. Archaeologist curated sightseeing as per plan
D. All entry fees
|Cost Exclusions||Camera / Video fees, Anything other than inclusions. Any cost related to optional spots / items. Dinner.|
Note: Time given is indicative. Itinerary is subject to change. For Foreigners, entry will be as per actuals.
Testimonials from guests: About Vijay, Archaeologist & about our previous Heritage Trip
- 30th Jun 2018 Trip to Lepakshi:
- Detailed explanation given by Archeologist Mr.Vijay.Good hospitality by Mr.Balaji
- It was very well organised.. I enjoyed it thoroughly… such a refreshing and enlightening trip it was.
- Previous heritage Trips
- “Nice memorable trip! Thanks to Srinivas, Balaji & Vijay for making it one! Look forward to exploring more such trips!” – KeyTerns Guest
- “Last weekend gone for a one day tour to Mahabalipuram / Mamallapuram, an UNESCO Heritage Site, 7th Century Built monuments & temples. It was wonderfully organized by KeyTerns team Srini and Balaji. The trip was curated by Vijay, a young Archaeologist, who explained the Pallava kingdom history in-depth in an awesome way. Even though I have been to Mahabalipuram / Mamallapuram earlier, But this trip was quite different. It was highly informative and so entertaining, learned loads of historical information about the Pallava kingdom, Mythology and their mind-blowing architectural style. Thanks and kudos to Keyterns team. – Bala (http://casualwalker.com/pallava-kingdoms-mahabalipuram-mamallapuram-tour/)”
About KeyTerns: KeyTerns is a thematic group travel designer & an organizer in Nature & Offbeat, Heritage & Culture and Spiritual & Wellbeing for the like minded. We also do personalized / corporate / educational travel.
Inspired by: KeyTerns derives its name from super bird “Arctic Tern” that travels from Arctic to Antarctica covering around 90,000 km per year. In its lifetime, it travels 24 Lacs KM, which is equivalent to 3 times traveling to Moon and coming back
Trip vehicle, comfortable 12 seater, spacious SML AC vehicle (if the numbers are high)