Date(s) - 01/02/2019 - 03/02/2019
**India’s Grand Canyon & Caves Trip with optional Kayaking & Rappelling from Chennai**
KeyTerns is starting the trip from Chennai with the Travel Lead. Trip is suitable for anyone and the difficulty level is Moderate (subjective).
** Do you know that Gandikota Canyon is where Maniratnam’s latest movie “Chekka Chivantha Vaanam” climax was taken? **
What do you get?
- Stunning photographic view of India’s Grand Canyon
- Trekking down to Pennar River
- Safe but interesting Rappelling from 50 Feet tall rock boulder (available at extra cost if booked in advance)
- Mesmerising experience of Kayaking at River pennar down the Gorge (available at extra cost if booked in advance)
- Fort walk (do not miss our Gandikota stories)
- Belum Caves: 1.5 KM underground cave walk
Photo album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rkCgEV2h6oH3kBff7
Gandikota is an exciting place. River Pennar runs through gorge. It’s a must see place for nature lovers. Gorge is inside a 12th Century built fort. One can see elegant & photographic monuments such as Madhava Perumal temple, Ranganatha Swamy temple, Jama Masjid, Granary, Jail. During this trip, we will also cover an outstanding 1.5 KM underground limestone cavern, well facilitated by AP Tourism with ramps and lights.
Day 1 (Friday): Overnight journey to Gandikota. Starting from Chennai around 09:30 PM (Start point will be published later. Starting point is Thirumangalam Metro. 80%+ are from OMR or any other particular place, we can consider starting from there.).
Day 2 (Saturday): Reach Gandikota by 7 AM, Early check-in with available rooms, Freshen up, Breakfast, Trekking and Kayaking at River Pennar, Back to Hotel for Lunch. Post lunch, we will do Rappelling, Fort walk and Gorge top view, Back to Haritha Hotel for Dinner, Overnight stay.
Day 3 (Sunday): Post breakfast, Travel to Belum and lunch at Belum, Belum 1.5 KM underground cave walk, Post lunch travel back to Chennai and reach around 10 PM with fine memories.
Plan will be different for those who may not opt for Rappelling / Trekking / Kayaking. Please check with us.
- Transport in a comfortable AC vehicle.
- Food – all 6 times (Veg) with Morning and Evening Coffee / Team . Sunday lunch will be of mixed rice like Curd Rice, Tomato Rice depending on the availability at the Cafeteria.
- All entry fees
- Travel Escort from start to end for comfort & safety
1. Any other items not covered, Camera or Video camera fee
2. Kayaking / Rappelling at extra cost
3. Any non-veg food
About KeyTerns: KeyTerns is a thematic group travel designer & an organizer in Nature & Offbeat, Heritage & Culture and Spiritual & Wellbeing for the like minded. We also do personalized / corporate / educational travel.
Inspired by: KeyTerns derives its name from super bird “Arctic Tern” that travels from Arctic to Antarctica covering around 90,000 km per year. In its lifetime, it travels 24 Lacs KM, which is equivalent to 3 times traveling to Moon and coming back.